Have you seen any strange news items this week?
1. Last week, the City of Detroit hired a company to implode the old Detroit Lions stadium and it appears that not enough explosives were planted. The first time they pushed the button, smoke appeared at the base and then…nothing. It just stood there! The company tried it again earlier this week and it worked.
2. An opossum in Florida broke into a liquor store in Florida and drank a bottle of cognac. (The original story incorrectly stated that the marsupial drank bourbon.) How did it happen, you ask? According to Cash Moore (the owner of the Fort Walton Beach, Florida liquor store), the opossum was up in the rafters and when she came through, she knocked a bottle of liquor off the shelf. When she got down on the floor, she drank the whole bottle. The animal was found the day after Thanksgiving and was brought to a wildlife refuge, where she was given fluids. The refuge released the animal late last week.
3. A few months ago, a small car drove through a convenience store. The driver paid for chips and water and then drove away!
4. A guy named Alex Bowen went into a Waffle House restaurant in South Carolina one night last week around 2 a.m. There was only one employee in the whole place, and that person was fast asleep. Alex took things into his own hands and went back in the kitchen. He made himself a double bacon cheese steak melt, snapping selfies along the way. Bowen even took a photo to prove that he did pay his tab, plus he cleaned the grill!
#harfing: When you have no idea what you’re talking about, but keep talking anyway.
Questions you may have:
1. Was this the first job for the company hired to implode the Detroit stadium? You knew you were going to be on the news. How embarrassing.
2. Did the opossum know she was drinking a $30 bottle of liquor?
3. Was this in Florida?
4. Did he charge himself extra for avocado?