Do you live your life like everyone else? Buzzfeed recently ran an article with that title and, while I’m reluctant to take online quizzes, I thought it would be helpful to share what I learned from this article.
It’s time to find out what side you fall on in some of the most contentious issues. How would you answer these questions?
I’ll never understand….5,000 years of eating bread and suddenly, in the course of a decade, everyone is allergic to gluten.
1. When I’m trying to fall asleep, I (a) consciously close my eyes or (b) just lie there and wait to fall asleep with my eyes open. Results: 84% of readers consciously close their eyes. What about you?
2. When buttoning up a dress shirt, I (a) start at the top and button my way down to the bottom or (b) start at the bottom and button my way up to the top. Results: 61% of readers start at the top.
3. When I’m home, I (a) stay clothed or (b) walk around naked as much as possible. Results are not surprising. 84% stay clothed.
4. When I read, I (a) hear a voice in my head saying the words or (b) don’t hear anything. Results: 80% of us hear voices.
5. When I kiss someone, I (a) close my eyes or (b) keep my eyes open. Results: By far, 95% of you keep your eyes closed!
6. When shampooing my hair in the shower, I (a) turn away from the shower head or (b) face the shower head. Results: 79% of you turn away from the shower head. And this is the first question where I fall into the minority category.
7. When I wipe with toilet paper, I (a) fold the toilet paper or (b) scrunch up the toilet paper. Results: an almost even split. 54% fold, 46% scrunch.
8. When I put on my pants, I (a) put on my socks after or (b) put on my socks first. Results: 68% of us put on our socks after our pants.
9. When I brush my teeth, I (a) wet the toothbrush before and after putting on the toothpaste, (b) wet the toothbrush and then put on toothpaste, (c) put on toothpaste and then wet the toothbrush or (d) don’t wet the toothbrush at all. Results: About a third answered yes to each of the first three choices. The “weird” ones who chose (d) numbered only 5%.
10. After I take a shower, I (a) step out first and dry off outside the shower or (b) dry off with a towel while still in the shower. Results: Twice as many of us dry off outside the shower.
11. When I get home, I (a) take off my shoes before walking around my home or (b) wear my shoes inside my home. Results: 58% of us wear our shoes at home.
12. When I wash my hands, I (a) wet my hands and then put on soap or (b) put on the soap and then wash my hands. Results: Two-thirds of us use soap first, of course.
The results shown above tell me I’m just like everyone else, except when I’m in the shower. We’ll just leave that right there.