It’s time to get celebrating the obscure yet meaningful holidays in the month of May. Besides the traditional Memorial Day and our next three-day-weekend, we have the following days to look forward to.
- Wednesday, May 2: National Brothers and Sisters Day (I love you Leslie!)
- Friday, May 4: No Pants Day (not to be confused with tomorrow’s naked holiday) and Star Wars Day (May The Fourth Be With You!) Today is also World Password Day so let’s all change our bank passwords, okay?
- Saturday, May 5: Cinco de Mayo and World Naked Gardening Day (you may need the imbibe….. to help you work tend to your garden with no clothes on)
- Sunday, May 6: International No Diet Day (not watching your calories today will be helpful after all the chips you ate yesterday) and National Nurses Day
- Tuesday, May 8: National Have a Coke Day is self-explanatory and National Teacher’s Day
- Thursday, May 10: Thank your favorite coworker because it’s National Receptionist’s Day
- Friday, May 11: Get out the antacid; it’s National Eat What You Want Day
- Sunday, May 13: Celebrate Mother’s Day by making your mom her favorite dishes–it’s International Hummus Day and National Apple Pie Day
- Friday, May 18: Bike to Work Day to celebrate National Pizza Party Day
- Sunday, May 20: Celebrate National Be a Millionaire Day and buy yourself a lottery ticket
- Wednesday, May 23: World Turtle Day (can we celebrate this holiday by, I don’t know, wearing a turtleneck?) and National Taffy Day
- Friday, May 25: National Wine Day
- Monday, May 28: Hamburger Day and National Brisket Day can both be celebrated at our Memorial Day cookout!
- Thursday, May 31: National Macaroon Day. Yummy!
How will you celebrate these special days?